Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sarah's key

I watched the movie Sarah's Key today.  My girlfriend tried to get me to read the book but I never did. I think I'm glad I didn't.  I really enjoyed the movie.  Had I read the book it's likely I wouldn't have liked the movie much, depending on how close they stayed to the original.  The one movie I can't wait to see if Les Miserables.  The cast excites me so much! They can't botch this adaptation like they did the first one with Claire Danes, can they? Obviously that cast was great, but it just wasn't a good version. I can't wait for the new version to come out.  May even see it in the theater (no guarantees).


This Week with George Stephanopoulos notes the passings of nine service members killed in Afghanistan.
US Army SGT Nicholas C Fredsti, 30, San Diego, CA
US Army SGT Joseph M Lilly, 25, Flint, MI
US Army SPC Trevor A Pinnick, 20, Lawrenceville, IL
US Army PFC Jarrod A Lallier, 20, Spokane, WA
US Army 1LT Ryan D Rawl, 30, Lexington, SC
US Army SFC Matthew B Thomas, 30, Travelers Rest, SC
US Army SPC John D Meador II, 36, Columbia, SC
US Army SGT Jose Rodriguez, 22, Gustine, CA
US Marines LCpl Eugene C Mills III, 21, Laurel, MD
According to iCasualties, the total number of allied service members killed in Afghanistan is now 3,061.
In addition, the following notable names lost their lives this week: actor Victor Spinetti, public radio announcerJim Packard, correspondent and blogger Erica Kennedy, former Governor of Nebraska Norbert Tiemann, actor Richard Lynch, artist LeRoy Neiman, tennis Hall of Famer and federal judge Robert J Kelleher, economist Anna Schwartz, Broadway producer and composer Richard Adler, Fairleigh Dickinson University president J. Michael Adams and journalist and human rights activist Maria Teresa Castillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.