Thursday, August 4, 2011

Politics at its ... ?best?

I'm writing this blog because my internet friend David (I've never met him, but I still call him my friend) wrote a really great blog about the debt ceiling debate. While I've been following the debt ceiling frustrations, I don't think I'd have been as eloquent, or studied as David was in his blog post:

Why I disagree with Republicans on the debt ceiling issue

Then today as I was reading my feeds I came across this gem from Crooks and Liars:

25 Things We Learned During the Debt Crisis

I can't keep following politics. It's entirely too depressing about where our country is heading. And thanks to this Crooks and Liars article, I've had the epiphany that maybe it isn't so much that Republicans want to destroy the country, they just want to destroy Obama. I can't believe I forgot the political agenda of the republicans. Maybe because I just never believed people could be so evil that they would think the destruction of the Country was acceptable if it means bringing down the President, which is clearly the ultimate goal. I should be scared about the future, but I'm not. I'm still hopeful that some how, some way, this will all turn out okay. People are resilient. We will figure it out and adapt somehow, won't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.