Saturday, October 22, 2011
Porn at work
Yeah I said it ... Porn at work. Would you do that? Did you know that some people can without the fear of losing their job? ::giggle:: Yeah, it's true. Not sure I ever thought about it before because in my head even if it's not a firing offense there is NO WAY I would watch any porn at work! What I do in the privacy of my own home or in a dark corner in a public location ::cough cough:: is not my coworkers business. In fact, if my coworkers want to think I'm a virgin then more power to them! Of course, we are all sexual beings, so I guess it's to be expected that everyone watches porn. But, at work? So, here's what happened because i know you want to know! There's this guy who works in an office across the windowed-atrium in our building. That's right, windows. We can see out our windows into his. Yup, that's right, you guessed it ... we saw him watching porn on his computer. It was odd! Not the porn part, that's natural. Just ... at the office =:-O!! Really?? I'm sorry, I don't get it! And to watch him, one hand in his lap, another on the power button of the monitor periodically turning it on and off (maybe someone was walking by?). Apparently, he's a principle at the job, so he's teflon. I brought our receptionist to the window to see and we had a good laugh about it. Then I brought a few others in to have a giggle as well. Ten years from now this is going to be a funny story! "Remember that guy ...." Anyway, everyone got a laugh about it. Luckily, no one was offended. Everyone just thought it was too funny, as in, pathetically funny. Then our receptionist called their HR Department. Talk about pathetic! Here we are laughing about it, no one was offended, and my loser receptionist decides to call their HR Department and let them know what was going on. This is how we found out he's teflon. Because, my loser receptionist, who can't say a sentence without a sexual connotation, or blatant reference to sex, decided to call their HR Department and attempt to make this person lose their job. I mean, we all know that's what usually happens, right? I can't tell you how disappointed I am in my hypocritical receptionist! To call with the intention of defaming another person over something we found funny! Everyone was laughing. Why would you do that? Thank Gd that guy didn't lose his job. I would have felt terrible! Maybe I'm wrong to be so upset at our receptionist, though. Maybe complaining was the right thing to do. I say no, but I'm willing to hear other opinions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.