Sunday, August 19, 2012

Timeliness


As you may have noticed, I recently talked about corporations that pay next to nothing on their tax returns.  Today, while reading my feeds, I came across this gem from Consumerist.com:

The 26 Top CEOs Who Made More Than Their Companies Paid In Federal Taxes


I just don't get it.  How is it possible that AIG can get a $208 million refund??  
AIG
Robert H. Benmosche
$13,955,605
$208 million tax refund

and AT&T...

AT&T
Randall L. Stephenson
$18,690,824
$420 million tax refund

And you know this guy is saying "what did I do wrong that my company had to pay so much in taxes.  I'll bet next year this company will figure out the system in order to obtain a refund.
Altera 
John P. Daane
$29,576,725
$22 million paid in taxes

Take a look at the article.  Feel free to call me crazy for being so flabbergasted about these refunds.  Of course, if you agree with me that this is just out of hand, feel free to speak up as well.  If you've been reading my blog, you know I love being validated.  But, I can't imagine there is justification for these refunds and would love to hear someone try to defend this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.