Saturday, October 15, 2011

Go Hokies!!

It's that time of year when we made our trip to Virginia Tech. There is nothing like Hokie game. What's more exciting is that the oh-so-exciting game that we just went to is now on youtube! I can watch it over and over again!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbi-VgSgf9g. From the beginning of the game, with reading "Hokie Respect", to Metallica on the board rooting on the Hokies, to the players running on the field with "Enter Sandman" playing. According to ESPN it's one of the best game entrances in the country. It's so loud in that stadium! it's so exciting ... we never sit, because ... well, why would you want to? Every time the Hokies get a first down you hear the band and then H-O-K-I-E-S Hokies! The youtube video is 30 minutes long but what's funny is how often you hear "H-O-K-I-E-S Hokies" throughout. We got first down after first down after first down. Crazy! And then at the end of the game... with less than 3 minutes left, UM Canes got a touchdown to come ahead for the first time in the game. But then about a minute later in the game the Hokies are driving and get stopped at the 46 yard line. The 46 yard line! I knew then that we were going to win the game. We got stopped on the 46! No one else may understand it, but I knew we were going to win. Why did I know? My Brother-in-Law, who played for the Hokies, wore #46. My husband and niece were wearing #46 on their chest and back. And yeah, that 46 yard line means something to our family. Go ahead and think I'm crazy. I'm sure there are people out there that do, but the fact remains, we did win the game. "Enter Sandman" was played 3 times in the stadium that day. The crowd went wild! The energy in that stadium is like no other! Do I like football? Not really, I can take it or leave it. Do I like the Hokies? Hell YES! And we can't forget the stories that go with our trip. It's always about the stories, not so memorable without a story .. well, can't really say that because, as usual, the actual football game did not disappoint with plenty of stories, but the other stories for the vacation...
  • a last minute kidnapping my nephew for the weekend
  • my broken toe
  • tailgating with the Oleys
  • my nephew LOVING the game (even though he hates hates hates sports)
  • partying (?) with the Merrymans
  • the road trip with my niece
I just can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.