Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life is good

January has been a really good month so far. Work is a little stressful but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We are interviewing for an assistant for me. Yay! I'm starting to completely obsess about my weight. I've been here before. I don't know what is taking me so long to take action. Can I really be this lazy? I have to figure out how to get my body to listen to my mind. I keep thinking I'm close, but then I let opportunities pass me by. What will be the catalyst?

My goals this year are the same as last year. You know, those goals I didn't work on one single day, despite having reminders pop-up on my calendar. Learn spanish. Organize. And now this year, lose the weight I gained last year. How can I finally get these done? Today, my husband is going to help with the organizing. He has a plan. We will take everything out of our closet and put into piles: purge, donate and keep. Then we'll head to ikea for something to pimp out the closet and make it a useful space instead of just a place to throw the junk we don't know what to do with. I'm excited that he's as frustrated as I am. Part of me thinks it's his support and help that will be the catalyst I'm looking for. Maybe I can convince him to want to learn spanish and then we can do that together. I always do better with his support. Hell, I even sleep better when he's with me.


I'm reading a book that I've been reading for about 2 months now. I started it over last night. Yup, this has happened to me a couple times while reading books. I guess I know I like it if I want to start over. This book isn't completely awesome and taking my breath away like other books I've read. It's a bit verbose. I hate too much description in a book, and this one has a lot of it. So, this second time around reading this book, I'm skipping a lot of the pages because they are just so descriptive. I would rather let my imagination take over in some areas. Just give me the basic description and I'll take it from there. So much time has gone by since I started reading the book, though, that when it started to get good I couldn't remember the basics. So, I started over yesterday. Got through 200 pages just yesterday. Hell, I was on page 850 when i decided to start over... and it took me 2 months to get there. Maybe I'll finish the book this week, but I also have 2000 feeds to read. Talk about being behind! I better get reading...

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best with your goals for the year. Don't let them pile up okay :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.