Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stress sucks

I have been really stressed at work lately. We've been bombarded with new work. Normally we get about 80 new files a month. Already we're at 140 and there's still a few more days left to go! Thank goodness I got an assistant! Hopefully, with a little bit of overtime, I can get caught up. Now I need to figure out when to put in that overtime. Maybe I'll work a little today, but I do have other plans ... movies, getting a mani/pedi, shopping. Not sure I can fit work into my day off schedule LOL

My husband and I were on our way home from Disney the other day, we saw a military plane landing at the Orlando Airport. The last time I saw military aircraft I was driving past the Fort Lauderdale airport. A few days later we invaded Panama and captured Manuel Noriega. For a fleeting moment this time I thought, "uh oh". But, then I thought, "Wow! Maybe that's troops coming home." This got me excited. Another thing I discussed with DH was that they were landing here instead of at the military base in Cape Canaveral. I guess just because it's military doesn't preclude it from exclusively using military bases.

I have been engulfed in negativity and stress for the last few weeks. I need to get past it, but I'm not exactly sure how to get past it, until I at least get caught up at work. I don't think sitting here blogging is going to help. Maybe I should go do some workin instead of watching a movie and relaxing on my day off...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about the military and how they operate, but the military base at Cape Canaveral is an Air Force station and so is Patrick, as well. I know the Marines have an office near the airport. Perhaps that was a Marine aircraft? Again, I don't know much about this stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.