Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blog 5/5/11

Awesome moment that made me smile:  
This week has been very nice with friends visiting and a someone easy time at work.  Well, not easy, but my boss figured out a way to reduce the pressure on me and it's been really great.  I've had time to run errands after work and work out some.  The working out part is pretty good because I really need to.  I hate doing it, but it's a necessary evil.  As my friend H used to say, I like to eat, so I have to work out. 
 
point out something poignant I read:  
I've mentioned more than once that I read RSS feeds daily of some of my favorite sites.  Currently, I have 5300 feeds to read.  So, how ironic is it that I came across an article giving 8 Useful Tips To Manage And Avoid RSS Overload.  Some tips just don't work for me.. like "mark all as read".  Really??? I don't think my hand would be able to be steady on the "mark all as read" button.  One thing that annoys me about Google Reader versus, say, my outlook, is I can't sort by title.  it would save me a ton of time if I could just do a search for say "bin ladin" and mark all those as read, because now that he's dead ... what more do I really care?  So, I'm stuck reading the feeds one by one.  Unless someone knows a Google reader trick I'm missing....
 
Something I learned:  
I'd like to learn how to sort by subject in Google Reader.  I guess I'll Google it.  ok ... no such luck :(
 
A photo today (or not):  
They are making repairs to the fountain on the lake across from my work.  I can't wait til it's fixed
Before:
Now:

May add things  
I read an article that aspirin my interfere with anti-depressants.  Things that make you go hmmm.  Is it all in your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.