Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why I dislike Ann Curry immensely


I love the fact that Ann Curry is so compassionate and caring.  You can tell how compassionate she is when her empathy just spills over screen as she so syrup-ly tells the poor family she's interviewing how sad it is that they have had to suffer in such a heinous way.  Unfortunately, I find her empathy quite annoying.  The first thing you learn when you go to broadcast school (did I tell you I went to school to work in Radio and Television?  Yeah, a lot of good that bachelor's degree did, but I digress ...) is that you cannot show your emotions.  Are you a Republican?  Democrat?  Don't let your viewers know your position. Don't slant your story in favor of your view.  As a reporter, take the middle of the road.  Never let 'em see you sweat ... err your opinion.  Ann Curry commits broadcast treason every day.  And now, they are making her the head of the Today Show.  Sorry, now you've lost a viewer.  In fact, upon the announcement, I immediately switched to ABC.  I'm really enjoying George and Robin. I always knew I would, but didn't dislike Meredith Vieira's ditzy persona enough to change channels.  And now, here we are...  I still love you Matt Lauer, and I will still watch and read my hilariously humble Brian Willams.  Why oh why couldn't Natalie Morales have replaced Meredith and how long will I have to wait for her to take her turn atop the perch of Today?  I await the day I can turn back to Today...

point out something poignant I read:  
I have found a new blogger that has captured my attention like no other.  See, I'm sure you realize, based on the fact that I'm always reading RSS Feeds, that I read a lot.  Because I read a lot, I only skim the stories.  But, as I was reading my Wonkette feed, Riley Waggaman wrote a Goodbye piece from which I could not pull myself away.  So, I did the only natural thing, I googled Riley Waggaman.  What did I find?  This wonderful piece on how Ann Curry is an idiot.  Ok, okay, so those aren't his words.  But, this story just makes me laugh.  It validates my opinion that I've always had and now it makes me wonder if all her compassion really isn't just pandering.  I would say I hate Ann Curry, but that's impolite... you shouldn't hate anyone.  But, I hate Ann Curry.  If I ever meet her I might throw up sugar on her.
 
Something I learned:  
Riley Waggaman exists. He may be the only other writer, other than Brian Williams, that I will stop and take the time to comprehend the entire story.  So far, I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.