Awesome daily moment that made me smile:
Friendship is a wonderful thing. I've grown so much over the years. I am a better person because of just a few people. I like to give credit where credit is due. Starting of course, with my husband. When we were in New York I bumped into someone and immediately turned around and apologized only to find this New Yorker was walking away at the same brisk pace and didn't give two hoots about my apology I tossed his way. At the register at several stores I would greet the person by name and ask how they were doing. Several were taken aback by how personal and friendly I was, so much so that they commented about it. It's this kindness for others that my husband taught me. I still have a long way to go. Yes, I'm very self-absorbed, self-centered and selfish, but I have learned I am a caring, sympathetic and empathetic person. It's because of this that I recognize the growth in me that is due first and foremost to my husband. Next it's due to one of my dear friends that taught me more, subliminally, than I can even comprehend. I know, though, how much her reserved yet ... oh I just wish I could explain how much she taught me without ever specifically pointing out things, but I can't find the word. She's just amazing and every day I know that she is the reason that all my other friendships are better because of her. There's obviously other special people to me, but the basis of who I am today, and why I'm proud to be me, is because of these two wonderful people who I will love deeply forever. Thank you DH and JMo!
point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:
I think we are getting closer to the point where the Japanese will have to admit that nearly 100,000 people were killed in the earthquake/tsunami tragedy. 100,000 people! It's mind boggling. To read the stories of how rescuers are finding bodies in cars, or washing up on the shore, or crushed amongst debris. It's completely heartbreaking.
Something I learned:
I want to learn when the iPhone will have the Android app "Sleep like an Droid". Wake me when my body tells you, please, note when I'm in the middle of a hot dream LOL
A photo every day.
This is my new favorite wine...
May add things
I've said enough today
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.