Yesterday was a very stressful day at work. I have been very busy trying to set this office up. It's been almost 3 months since I started this job. But it's not just me that's new. The whole office is new. The clients are new. The procedures are new. Just when I get everything set up and organized, a new client transfers their files in. Then, I have to start all over again with the new client. Not to mention that, but I have someone to answer to. So, not only do I have my own work to do, I have a boss that delegates more work to me. I shouldn't be so stressed. Really the only pressure I have is the pressure I've put on myself. If my boss comes and tells me to do something which makes me push aside all my usual daily tasks, well, I shouldn't be so hard on myself that i don't get "my" work done. If something happens preventing me from completing a task, well, it's not really my fault now, is it? Someday I'll accept that answer, but in the meantime, I just feel pressure...
Awesome daily moment that made me smile:
We had an Open House at the office today, trying to bring in potential clients to the office. It was a lot of fun, but that's because I work with some really great people. Can't really complain about drinking and eating during business hours, can you? Even though, yes, I was scolded to stop working and start socializing. grrrr don't these people know I have work to do?
point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:
I have been checking out this years bloggies nominees and winners. There are some interesting blogs out there that I would like to spend more time on. I've added a new entertainment blog, Popsugar, and a new political blog, Wonkette, to my RSS feeds. I want to see if another political site frustrates me as much as Crooks and Liars does. I always wonder how slanted/biased Crooks and Liars is. Now that I'll be reading other political sites, maybe I'll get a realistic view of politics. I hope that I learn that Crooks and Liars is more rhetoric than truth. Please please let me learn that the country isn't as effed up as Crooks and Liars leads me to believe.
Something I learned:
I was reading the website Zenhabits - 9 Mindfulness Rituals to Make Your Day Better and one of the tips says to "Look at someone gratefully. Each day, find someone you care about. See this person for the miracle that she is, and be grateful for her existence. If you’re feeling generous, tell that person how thankful you are for her." I do this! I am constantly giving compliments to people who matter to me. I guess I'm more zen than I thought, although one of the tips says to drink tea and all I can think is "YUCK"!
A photo every day.
Saw this interesting car on my commute to work this morning.
May add things
DH got a speeding ticket yesterday as we were going out together. It was my fault and he wasn't happy with me. Had I not made him go out with me to buy a new top it never would have happened. In South Florida it was easy to fight a ticket. I'm not sure things are the same here. Sure wish I knew if things were the same. I know it's not worth hiring a ticket defense firm because the ticket is only $129. By the time I hire a firm, they will probably cost more. I believe we will fight it though. I don't think he was speeding and I think Google Street View will help me fight the ticket.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.