Monday, May 16, 2011

Blog 5/16/11

I haven't blogged in awhile.  I've had a very very busy week.  I can't believe how busy I've been.  Have you missed me?

Awesome moment that made me smile:  
I have been so frustrated with the way things are at work that it's a rare day I have an awesome moment.  I'm constantly seeing people getting hired in other departments but I'm left to fend for myself.  I'm told when we start getting more work from our clients, then we will do more hiring.  However, at that point, it will be too late.  How will I have time to keep up with the work I have to do and train someone to do the job. How much blood can they really get out of me?  I feel unappreciated and used and abused.  I guess this is normal.  I'm just frustrated. I'm tired of being told "I'll help you, I'll help you" only to then be brought something "will you go scan this"? "Will you file this?"  Really?? Really?  Thanks for the help (not).  I'm over it...
 
point out something poignant I read:
Majority Leader John Boehner was saying recently that the government couldn't mess around with "the people's money".  That's what he called it ... "the people's money".  I about choked.  This man, who wants to cut funding to programs to help the needy, cut social security, cut medicare ... things that our tax dollars are intended for,  says the government needs to be responsible with "the people's money".  Well, I would like "my" money to be there when I retire, so please use my tax dollars to bolster social security and medicare, and while you're at it, feel free to help the needy and challenged individuals in the public social programs.
 
Something I learned:  
So, Meredith Vieira is definitely stepping down.  On top of that Ann Curry is replacing her.  Well, upon that news I have officially quit watching The Today Show.  Sorry Matt, I will miss you.  But, I have been enjoying watching George Stephanopoulis and Robin Roberts.  It's nice to watch an entire team I respect.  So far I haven't screamed at my tv once this week.  aaahhhhh 
 
A photo today (or not):
Took a photo of our favorite cop pulling someone over again.  Unfortunately, I deleted it.  whoops!  Oh well, I did take a photo of my new office.  Just need to get my pictures on the wall, instead of on the floor...

May add things
As indicated above, I got moved into a new office.  Of course, I have the worst view of all offices... I get to look at a wall. ::sigh::  At least I have a job.  I guess that's my takeaway...

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.