Awesome moment that made me smile:
There is something incredible about being surrounded by 15000 people who are running/walking in a 5k. I'm pretty damned proud of myself for doing it. I'm not in the best of shape. I stopped working out about 3 years ago. I'm hoping this kick starts me into a workout routine. My office ended up combining our monthly happy hour with the 5k. My friends at the office did an awesome job with the food/drinks/treats they had for the happy hour. They really kick ass with these events! I'm quite impressed with them. If I were to hang out with them more I'd probably be a better hostess. The event was a lot of fun. I feel like the beginning of the walk was harder than the end of the walk ... my calves were really feeling it in the beginning. By the end my feet were the problem ... somethin funky with my shoes was making me walk funny.
point out something poignant I read:
With the walk I didn't have time to read. Nor do I have the energy. What energy does it take to read, you ask? I don't know but it sounded good ;)
Something I learned:
I really really really like how Kimberlee mixes drinks!!
A photo today:
15000 people walking/running in downtown Orlando. Here's a couple pictures of the crowd:
Here's the Orlando Magic players cheering us on before the walk
May add things
The one thing I have to say negative about the walk (aside from my calves and shoes) was that it was irritating as hell that we had to wait 20 minutes for the runners to go by. The race started with the runners first, then the walkers. So there we were, waiting 20 minutes for the runners to run by (remember... 15000 people there so if half were running, it takes a long time to clear the runners). We didn't get chips, the race was just by timer, so when we got the 1 mile mark and it said 29 minutes ... boy I was mad! I hadn't even been walking 15 minutes FFS! System cheated me!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.