Friday, April 22, 2011

Blog 4/22/11

Awesome moment that made me smile:  
We went to a charity event at the Hard Rock.  I know it's not nice to laugh at people, but this was so precious, I was laughing to hard I was crying. The event was dinner/auction and the Beatlemania Now show.  So, the clothing theme was hippie/beatles type memorabilia.  Some people were very creative in their attire.  I was boring, but this isn't about me.  This is about the smile that I had which brought me to tears from laughing so hard.  I saw this much older woman was wearing a huge beanie type hat with sequins all over it.  Best I could describe it would be rasta (the kind that would hold all the dreads) but not the rasta colors.  I have a picture below.  Anyway, I saw this woman which I got a kick out of and as I was telling my friends "check out this lady coming towards us" I realized she was pushing a walker/stroller thing.  Well, this sent me over the edge.  What a precious woman she must be... and I couldn't help but laugh hysterically til I cried.  Oh how I wish I had gotten a picture of her pushing the walker for full effect, instead of the picture of her sitting next to the walker  ::giggle:: ::sigh::
 
point out something poignant I read:  
I've been seeing on TV and reading on Wonkette and Crooks and Liars all the hoopla Donald Trump is stirring on the birther issue.  At first Sarah Palin even said "stop wasting our time".  Now she's all on board with him.  I'm sure it's a smoke-screen.  The question is, what is he trying to distract us from?  the POS budget bill and all the cuts to programs for the lower and middle class? Trying to make us forget about the Wisconsin, Michigan and Florida Governors? And look, the media is falling for it!  Wake up! It's not magic, it's distraction! 
 
Something I learned:  
I've got nothin today.  Sad, I musta learned something, right?
 
A photo today (or not):
Havin fun at the BeatleMania Now show.. the outfit is great.. the boots are phenomenal!
this picture does not do the costume justice! I'm so sorry you really can't get the whole effect! LMAO!
May add things
And the weekend begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.