Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog 4/20/11

It has been an uneventful week which is why I haven't posted in a week.  I could post about my boring weekend when I never left my house.  Seems I'm falling into an old habit of mine.  I used to work in an office M-F then veg at home on weekends.  Then I started working from home so weekends were my only opportunity to get out, so I went out every Saturday and Sunday.  Now it seems I'm fallen into my old routine of staying in and vegging out on weekends. This will be fine if I can go out shopping for the things I need after work M-F.

Awesome moment that made me smile:  
Left work early this week to head to Fort Lauderdale to be with the family for Passover Seder. Then I worked in our Fort Lauderdale office.  Nothing like being with family, and meeting my new "family", you know, the "work family"... the people you spend more time with than you do your own spouse.  Hoping to know these people for a long time.  They seem very nice and I'm looking forward to knowing them better. Looks like I'll be back next month when my nephew graduates from high school.

point out something poignant I read:
7 Million Candles Recalled for Fire Risk.  Really?  Is this new?  Candles at risk for fire?  No, Seriously .. tell the truth.  Candles weren't recalled for fire risk!  There's no way!! That's just ...  redundant!  ::giggle:: ::giggle:: ::snort::  Am I the only one that finds this story funny?
 
Something I learned:
There's this website called www.Giveback.org. Apparently, the guy that created it was on Oprah's give back challenge a few years ago and created this site with some of the money he won.  Pretty cool.  I created a foundation so that I can give money to my favorite charities.  Seems pretty easy, just make purchases with one of the retailers working in conjunction with giveback.org.  Seems pretty easy to me.  Now I can donate to Stand Up 2 Cancer just by making purchases.  And, if I get friends to join, I get more credit to give money to charity.  Now that's great.  Too bad I don't have many friends to join and get credit for my charity.

A photo today (or not):
These photos aren't from today, but from Seder dinner last night.  Enjoy :)


 
May add things  
Last week we did the 5K.  Since then I've tried to work out ... not regularly, but something is better than nothing. I'm hoping to build up to 5 days a week.  I have found that I work out better at night, although it's not the best time to work out.  At this point, I'll take anything though.  Again, something is better than nothing.  I'll try to add my progress on the blog (I think I mentioned doing this before, but of course, never did LOL

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.