Awesome moment that made me smile:
Today we went to Lake Eola for a festival. I love festivals. Spring is a great time of year. This is the third festival I've been to this year. I love seeing the art work of local artists. This time it wasn't as "art" involved as the Winter Park Arts fest we went to. This time it was more about jewelry and ribbons and bows and cute kids clothes and other accessories made by local residents. I can't say I favor one type of festival more than the other. I mean, it's a rare day that I would spend a few hundred dollars on a piece of art on impulse, and the thing with the art festivals is that is exactly the kind of purchasing you must do, because it's not like the artist will be there tomorrow. Today I bought a few earrings.
point out something poignant I read:
Was reading PostSecret from the weekend of March 12, 2011 and came across this postcard and the following comments:
-----email-----
smart, beautiful, strong, you're not supposed to stay
-----tweet-----
The comment is implying someone who stays is stupid, ugly and weak. It's victim-blaming. And it's disgusting.
I may be naive, but it just seems to me that the email comment isn't victim-blaming. The problem is that the victim *thinks* they are stupid, ugly and weak. The email comment is actually telling them, "no, you aren't, you are smart, beautiful and strong". I don't know what is disgusting about trying to help someone see who they really are and give them the positive reinforcement they need and deserve. Anything to combat the negative belief literally beaten into them. We need to encourage the victims... remind them in any way possible that they are valuable human beings and deserve better. What's wrong with offering strength, courage, support and positive reinforcement
Something I learned:
It looks like its time to change my diet. I already take Vitamin B supplements, but the post says that just taking the supplements isn't enough. After the week I had, I really need to focus on compliance with this new diet plan.
A photo today (or not):
Lots of photos today. These photos are ones I took through the week:
On the 28th I showed you the ominous sky... it didn't get better the next day:
| Then the weather got foggy the next morning so that the tops of the buildings were covered in fog |
Today we went to Lake Eola for the festival, in the process of walking around the lake we came across the swans that I previously had taken pictures of as they were building a nest arround newly laid eggs. It looks like the eggs hatched today. Very cute. Here's some pics we took:
May add things
I think you're greedy if you want more LOL!
The little baby swans are so cute!
ReplyDelete