I'm watching the Oscars now. Mostly it's been an embarrassment. But, Christian Bale's acceptance speech got me. When he said his young daughter taught him more than he could ever teach her. That's sweet. I'm glad he's enjoying his daughter the way a parent should. Too often I see parent's missing out on those moments. I'm sure there will be other touching moments during this show. If I see more I'll update my thoughts here or on tomorrow's blog.
**Edit: who is this documentary winner dude that called out the bank executives? *giggle* I guess someone had to do it. Nice!
**Edit: Robert Downey Jr., and Jude Law crack me up.
point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:**Edit: Robert Downey Jr., and Jude Law crack me up.
I think that Clarence Thomas may be misunderstood. or he's corrupt as hell, but I did enjoy reading/watching this story from ABC News. He said "... the cross was not a religious symbol and that it has -- it was intended to have a virulent effect" when speaking about the burning of the cross by the KKK. I had never thought about it that way, but he's right. The cross was used to scare the living f*$K out of people. Doesn't that go against the bible in the first place? And yet we have all these wars in the name of the cross. Sheesh.
Something I learned:
I think I agree with Rachel Maddow's hypothesis that John Boehner is bad at his job. Especially after watching her delineate all of his failures. According to her hypothesis, in the past month and a half that he's been in office there was the very well-publicized Constitution reading failure, the swearing mess where two members cast votes on the house floor even though they weren‘t properly sworn in, the House assertion that everything they do would revolve around jobs and nothing else, but their first three bills introduces were anti-abortion bills, which has nothing to do with jobs.There were the two official responses to the State of the Union. I could go on, there are more examples. You can see them in the video.
A photo every day (?) still pondering this one. May not do it every day.
I took a photo today as I was driving down the road. It was such a pretty day outside. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it so I can't share. Whoopsies!
May add things
I'm going to go back to watching the Oscars :)
A photo every day (?) still pondering this one. May not do it every day.
I took a photo today as I was driving down the road. It was such a pretty day outside. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it so I can't share. Whoopsies!
May add things
I'm going to go back to watching the Oscars :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.