Awesome daily moment that made me smile:
My awesome daily moment came this morning as I was on my way to work. My new job involves a new routine. This new routine makes me happy. Sure, it's only been less than 2 months, but I get up in the morning, get dressed and commute to work. My commute is the best commute I've ever had... all highway, no traffic lights. It makes it a breeze. Thanks to an iphone app, I listen to a radio station from South Florida, which makes my commute even more enjoyable. Tonight's commute home left a lot to be desired and if I had to do it every day I'd for sure slit my wrist, but accidents happen. At least I have an awesome GPS app on my phone, which gives me points for driving. In a month or so I expect to have a crown! I deserve it, dammitjim! LOL
point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:
Last week I had more than 3000 feeds to read. Today I'm down to 1000. I got a lot of reading done this weekend. Nothing positively poignant, unfortunately. I read a lot of Crooks and Liars. I can't read too much of it, it upsets me so much. Like the story about Rick Scott and how he likes to redistribute the wealth to the top 10% from the bottom 90%. Or the story about how the Democrats have left Wisconsin because they are protecting the Unions. Yes, I'm a democrat. But, I'm a democrat in Florida, a right to work state, and I will never understand why people pay money out of their pockets to the union with the guise that the unions will protect them. When? What if you kept those dues to yourself and instead deposited that money into another account and called it "retirement account". Which way of saving is better, more secure? I don't know, but I have my suspicions.
Something I learned:
I should have connected the dots, but I didn't until I read this article that indicates that the bankruptcy law changes from 2005 significantly contributed to the housing crisis. I wonder why I saw so blind.
A photo every day. May not do it every day.
My photo of the day is from this morning. It's getting lighter in the morning. This morning I looked out my door to see fog rolling across the golf course. It was a pretty sight. I'm not sure the beauty is translated in the photo, but at least I have a photo today ;)
May add things
Nothing to add today. I'm off to read more feeds
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.