Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daily Blog 1/23/11

Awesome daily moment that made me smile:
Some friends came up from South Florida for the weekend and we spent the day at Disney World's Magic Kingdom.  This is one thing that makes me light up.  Yes, there are lots of kids crying and whining at Disney, but there are so many precious moments with kids that it really overwhelms the bad moments (this observation from a childfree woman who has never wanted kids LOL). But, being at Disney World and seeing the kids light up when they get to see a Character... I would pay millions of dollars to see my kid light up like that if I had kids (See, this is why I am not broke LOL).  I implore parents, pay attention to your kids.  Sure, you want to get pictures of your children with the Characters, but don't pay more attention to your camera than your kids as they get up to the characters.  There is nothing sweeter than seeing the wonderment in a child's eyes as they get up close to Pooh or Tigger or whomever their favorite character may be.  You may want to get that picture for memories sake, but I promise you, if you forgo the camera and pay attention ... I mean, just watch your children you will have that memory burned in your brain and you won't need that picture.

point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:
Since I spent the day at Disney World I didn't have time to read anything.  I hope you will forgive me.


Something I learned:
I learned something today, but I learned it from Yvette.  If you know Yvette like I know Yvette, you know that anything I learned is not really for public consumption.  LOL   Too bad for you ;)

 
A photo every day (?) still pondering this one. May not do it every day.
I took photos today.  However, these are not for public consumption either.  So sorry!


May add things.
It was a long day so I have nothing to add.  Sorry for the boring blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.