Awesome daily moment that made me smile:
Yesterday I indicated that my new job makes me happy. Two jobs ago I was working at a firm and remember walking through the office always with a pensive look on my face, deep in thought. I later learned that most people in the office thought I was a bitch because I always had this "mad" look on my face. I didn't realize then that I looked mad ::shrug:: but I did know I had this pensive look on my face. I left that job after a year and a half. When I started at the next job I found myself smiling as I walked through the halls. I remember one day thinking to myself about my demeanor compared to how I had walked through the office at the job before. It was a such a difference I was able to recognize it clearly. This new job made me happy. I was there for 10 years. When that firm laid off hundreds of people I thought to myself that when one door closes a window opens. Now I'm at this new office and I feel as through I'm feeling the breeze coming through the window. Yes, there's been a hiccup or two and I expect there will be more. But, I can't deny the fact that I am smiling, just as I did when I started at my last job. I smiled for years. I can only hope the tradition continues...
point out something poignant I read and what it means to me:
I've been reading the news to get caught up on my feeds. Yes, I'm very far behind (1346 feeds to read). I'm flabbergasted to read about all the police shootings and deaths this week. Two in Miami, four in Detroit, two in Washington and two in St. Pete, Florida. What on earth is happening?? This is scary!! I'm sure that loon Loughner didn't care about the consequences, but what about these others? Are there that many crazy people in the world or are people just not afraid of consequences of their actions anymore? Life is hard, people! Stop making it harder. My prayers go out to the families of the many many people injured or killed over the last month. It's been a horrifying start to 2011.
Something I learned:
I didn't learn this today, but today is a day for me to remind myself that "it's only a moment, it's not the rest of your life". I needed to remember this over the weekend. Now that the weekend is over and things have transpired as they have, I can remind myself that next time I'm feeling stressed I need to remember that "it's only a moment, it's not the rest of your life".
A photo every day (?) still pondering this one. May not do it every day.
I did not take a photo today but I have the image in my mind of a photo I'd like to take. It's part of this beautiful lake across my office. I'm very lucky to work in this location.
May add things
This blog is pretty full today. I don't feel bad for ending here :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.